Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday Random Thoughts

- I did other things this weekend before I decided to sign off for the remainder.

- See yesterdays random thoughts for that story.

- So I felt I needed another random thoughts to talk about the other things.

- Did some soloing on my bear.

- Just because.

- I actually wanted to get the druid toy from firelands (which only drops if you are on a druid) so was only going to solo for that really.

- I never tried it on heroic on my bear, not sure if I could solo it.

- I know I can do it on my hunter.

- Heck, I was doing it on my hunter last expansion before the buff to our numbers in old raids.

- Last week I accidentally did it on 10 man on my druid, did not make the same mistake twice.

- 25 man has more loot baby.

- Made me think, I should try it on heroic, even on a bear.

- 25 firelands was a joke even as a tank.

- I do not think any of the fire even so much as singed any fur.

- No Alys mount, no Rag mount and most importantly, no toy.

- Boo hiss hiss boo.

- I then did stonecore, just once while passing through, no mount.

- Then throne of the four winds 25 heroic, of course no mount.

- Just so you know, you get 125 gold from the bosses doing it on heroic there but only 25 (or was it 40?) doing it on normal.

- So doing it on heroic is better, gold wise.

- If you are soloing anyway, always go for the more gold option if you ask me.

- Not sure if the mount drop chance is better on heroic or not, but I think it is.

- So on a subconscious level it really helps me think I will get it sooner than later.

- But so far my drop rate on it is a very solid and well rounded 0%.

- I then went and did ICC.

- Felt different doing ICC because I actually did the healing boss where I usually skip it on my hunter.

- Woot, more loot to vendor.

- I did not get the mount but something else dropped.

- I got the Precious Ribbon.

- I must have killed that dog over 100 times when it was current, probably more, and maybe another 100 since then on various alts and I had never seen that drop.

- Like ever, not even once.

- And I got it on my druid.

- Now I just wish that when I was in bear or cat form you could actually see the ribbon.

- How awesome would that be?

- Either way, I put that bad boy on right away and my druid shall be wearing it for a long time to come.

- A few guild mates wanted to try a challenge mode.

- A "new" tank wanted to see what they were like.

- He has tanked, but never tanked anything like challenge mode.

- He is usually a fill in tank for normal mode night and is not that great at that just yet, he is still learning.

- I knew we were in for a long run, and it was, took us nearly two hours to complete it.

- We must have wiped 20 times if not more.

- And I still enjoyed myself.

- We did not get gold, silver or even bronze, never even came close to bronze really.

- We tried different approaches, I gave the tank some advice, he listened, adjusted, he learned.

- It took a while, but he managed it and I would like to think he came out a much more knowledgeable tank than he entered.

- Goes to show once more something I always say.

- It is not wiping people (me at least) mind, it is the wiping with strangers that people hate.

- He was a stranger to me, mostly, before the run began.

- After two hours of wiping, learning, adjusting, perfecting and then succeeding while talking on voice chat, we are strangers no more.

- The dungeon was a hell of a lot harder than it needed to be with lesser players, but it was satisfying when we finished it even without a medal.

- I just like to play, what else can I say.

- I don't so much mind a few bumps in the road.

- While I would rather get a gold of course I would not call my time, time wasted.

- Even if some people might.

- Hey, people need to learn somewhere.

- People taught me, I teach others, circle of gaming life.

- Like I said in the random thoughts yesterday, I was having a good weekend.

- Even with no mount drops, an extremely long challenge mode, and dealing with LFR, I was still having fun.

- Until blizzard put the kibosh on that.

- Oh well, those were my other random thoughts for the weekend.

- I did pop on last night and saw a second response to my ticket saying the same thing, they could not give me the severed hand.

- This time around I, once again, reminded them that you can in fact get it, even if you killed BH already, I also sent them to go read about it.

- Sent them to forum posts where people said the GM gave them the arm.

- Sent them to wowhead where people said the GM game them the arm.

- Sent them to see people, person after person saying the got the quest item even after they killed BH already that week.

- Told them, once more, how I had received the arm on my druid killing BH the second time in a week.

- Told them, in no uncertain terms, that they had two options, one was to act like they did and be unhelpful about it and two was to credit me the quest item I rightfully deserved.

- I ended by asking them to forward our entire conversation to a supervisor and pointed out, with the game losing over half of its player base, is it really a good course of action to take the former of the options I mentioned.

- I hope someone gets a reprimand there.

- I don't want them fired, I just want them to see that their job is to help the player, not make more players want to quit.

- I'd bet you dollars to donuts that they do not forward the note to a supervisor.

- I will not get any sense of "closure" on the issue.

- And I know that.

- I just wanted to vent.

- That made me happy, for the moment at least.

- So I joined a pug for a heroic BRF, just for fun.

- A few guild mates and random people.

- No voice chat.

- For them at least, me and the 4 guild mates I was with where on voice chat.

- It was funny how people did not know what to do, and never spoke up.

- I have no problem with people not knowing, I will gladly take the time to explain.

- We offered to explain a few times in chat.

- They decided to play stupid, or be stupid, I'll leave that decision up to you.

- We killed 5 bosses in about 40 minutes and called it a night.

- We were not looking to clear, just to vent a little steam killing things.

- The game is still good for that sometimes.

- Was nice to raid something that was not "serious" for a change.

- Had a 729 DK and a 722 hunter in there for the first boss.

- I did not even think 729 was possible.

- Not sure why they were there.

- But I switched to my hunter for the first boss only, just to see how I compared at 702.

- Both me and the DK finished at 68K, him 16.7% of damage done and me 16.4%.

- The hunter was third, well behind both of us, the rest of the group was just lower geared pug people.

- DK dropped group, so I switched to an alt.

- Was fun putting the pressure on someone in such better gear.

- Even if the fight was a better fight for me than him.

- Heck, I don't even think 68K was my best on that fight and I have not done it since I was in 680ish gear.

- We wiped a few times, still had fun.

- People on voice chat to talk to make it so much better.

- We were placing bets on who would be the first to die to an avoidable mechanic.

- Then one of our players did and we did not let them live it down for the rest of the night.

- Good times, good times.

- Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I should do some soloing, but I just haven't felt the need. I'll do it later. We've got plenty of time left in WoD...

    Haven't done hardly anything on my alts. I just can't really get into playing them since they're under-geared and they're not hunters...

    I got the headless mount last night though, so that was a nice bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it because I still want some stuff, namely mounts, and because there is not a whole lot of other stuff to do in game right now being I do not want to level any alts because I dread the fact I would have to build up another garrison.

      Congrats on winning the mount.

      Delete