Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Random Thoughts

- This is the first monday in 4 weeks I do not report getting a new cloak.

- Between the previous week and this week both my hunters getting 2 runestones means I have to wait another week for both of them.

- I think I will take another break from LFR when they are done.

- Might not even rush to finish them.

- Did so much LFR I burnt myself out on it.

- Again.

- Ever heard the expression of being too accessible?

- I think that is part of the issue with blizzard design now.

- It gives you, at least in part, everything at your finger tips.

- My horde hunter is up to 556 now and is still wearing a 528 cloak.

- Can't wait for him to get it.

- I desperately need some real trinkets on that character.

- You never realize the huge impact trinkets have on your DPS until you do not have them.

- More so on opening burst.

- One run I was in, second boss, a new hunter comes in.

- On the pull he is sitting at 550K and me only 420K.

- Cool, I have a challenge.

- Being I over gear LFR it is rare you get someone else decent in the group.

- But I spoke too soon.

- I ended the fight at 300K and he ended it at 160K.

- He had good trinkets but not much else good which meant good burst but no sustained damage.

- I have horrible trinkets but decent gear other wise including the four piece so I do good sustained damage but have crap for burst.

- Seeing that really put an emphasis on how important trinkets are.

- Had some really horrible runs this week, horde side too.

- Horde is usually better.

- ToT 3, first boss, everyone dies on the maze except 4 damage dealers, 1 healer and 1 tank.

- Good thing the top 3 damage dealers survived and one was a lock that revived the other tank and a shaman healer popped or we would have wiped.

- Second boss, both tanks go down, I go down next, so fast I did not even have time to hit feign death.

- My own fault, I was flying on auto pilot, was not paying attention or I would have been able too react in time..

- Others start to drop.

- Our 2 locks, 3 druids and 3 DKS never even think about reviving a tank until more than half the raid is dead.

- They revive one tank, one healer and then on the last revive they bring up a damage dealer.

- What damage dealer do they bring up?

- Some guy in the middle of the pack.

- Not the guy that was doing 22% of the damage done in a 25 man.

- They bring up some guy that could not fight his way out of a paper bag.

- There were maybe a dozen other damage dealers doing better.

- There was me doing almost a quarter of all the damage done.

- But they bring up him?

- Ah, he is in the tanks guild.

- Now it makes sense.

- Reviving your guild mates even if they aren't really going to help as much as others would is more important than downing a boss.

- Got ya.

- And things like this are why LFR runs wipe.

- Can you now see why I need to step away from the LFR a bit again?

- I am surprised that blizzard has not insanely nerfed LFR yet.

- I think, more so for the SoO ones, a 50% nerf of everything across the board is called for.

- Wiping 3 times on protectors explains why.

- Top 3 damage dealers when we downed it with the 15% buff were as follows.

- A paladin doing insane numbers, me a couple of percent behind him and another hunter a few percent behind me.

- 4th place?

- A tank.

- 5th place, with 3 stacks, 66K.

- If the three of us were not there they would have never got it down.

- Damage dealers doing sub 50K, healers that refuse to dispel, the fight was completely undoable without us there.

- THAT is who the LFR is designed for.

- It should not be designed that us 3 damage dealers needed to combine for near 60% of the damage done to get something down.

-You can not expect 3 actually okay and decently geared players to always be there to carry the group.

- And lets not forget the 1 healer that did all the dispelling.

- So us 4.  We carried it.  And we still almost wiped again.

- I wonder if people purposely want to make people hate them sometimes?

- Some guy just started the runestone part and asked how long it would take, could it be done in one or two weeks.

- I said you get two guaranteed each week so if you do them all the worst case is 6 weeks but you can, if lucky, get an extra one or two and maybe get it done in as little as 3 weeks.

- I added that if they add the gaze of the black price again and you get really really lucky then maybe it could be done in 2 weeks.

- I think it was good information but some jackass had to say I was full of shit, even without the buff you can get it done in 1 or 2 weeks.

- One week my ass.

- I said there are 14 bosses, two guaranteed, that means you need to get 10 out of 12 to get through it in one week and even with the buff the odds of that are absolutely insane, so no, you can not get it done in 1 week, even if you are really lucky.

- He said, I got it done on one of my alts this week, all 12 over 2 days in the LFR.

- He lost any chance he had of anyone believing a word he said when he went there.

- It is like he was saying it because he wanted people to hate him.

- Perhaps a troll.  Perhaps just a jerk.

- But either way, stupid.

- After the fight the guy who asked the question said in chat, I think I will listen to the guy that knows how to play.

- Referring to me.

- The guy that swore it could be done in 1 week was pulling 40K and was in half way decent gear by LFR standards.

- I got a laugh out of it.

- After playing wildstar again this weekend I logged on to wow sunday night and just looked around feeling as I was home.

- Despite what we all complain about, there is a reason wow is number one.

- It is just so polished compared to other games.

- And do not get me wrong, I am really enjoying wildstar, but wow is still the best there is.

- I keep holding down shift while running in wow now because in wildstar holding shift gives you a little speed boost.

- Whenever I play a new game for a bit I come back to wow and try to do stuff from the other game.

- I remember one time after a diablo session I came into wow and clicked on the ground and wondered why I did not move.

- Silly elf that I am.

- The disorient in wildstar can be quite annoying.

- It is not a loss of control like in warcraft.

- It is a true disorient, to you, the person at the keyboard.

- I think that is kind of cool.

- It is like the blind in wildstar that just turns your entire screen black, but you still can use your abilities.

- Effectively, you are blind.

- With disorient your keys just get mixed up so moving forward might move you left and moving left might move you right, it changes and could be anything.

- Kind of bad when you can just end up running into a ground effect when you are trying to move away from it.

- But guess what I learned, mouse moving completely negates the effects of it.

- You might need to hold a strafe key or you will move on an angle with your mouse, but when you move with your mouse it doesn't matter if you are disoriented, you still control your character.

- Not sure if it is because I use a trackball that makes it work like that or if any mouse will do that.

- I can see if a trackball completely negates the disorient effect if some serious PvPers will try and go out and get one just to have the advantage of there being one CC that does not work against you.

- But be warned, it takes some practice to get used to using a track ball.

- Many people can't.

- Just like I can not use a normal mouse to play wow.

- I started to level a warrior, with intentions of being a tank and a medic, with intentions of being a healer.

- I can tell you one thing for sure, being a melee is such a HUGE advantage in wildstar.

- Sure you have to be close to stuff to hit it, which can sometimes be annoying, that is why people like range.

- But melee have an easier time getting out of things because 95% of the ground effects you can just step through the mob, and melee can take the hits of face to face combat whereas the ranged can not.

- Not to mention melee attacks are fast and ranged attacks take a year and a day to happen.

- From a PvP standpoint that means ranged it a lot harder to hit someone with.

- If it takes a few seconds to charge your ability that gives someone a few seconds to get away from it where as with a melee your ability is near instant.

- I guess in group content ranged would still be better because the boss should not be moving much if at all, so taking forever to charge an ability is not such a big deal.

- I made my medic a relic hunter and farming relics, they are like mines, surprised the crap out of me.

- Sometimes a mob pops up that spawns a bunch of adds and they can really put the smack down on you.

- I'll tell you one thing wildstar has taught me more than anything else.

- Something I already knew but it reenforced.

- Travel sucks.

- I so wish I had mounts at a lower level, faster mounts, or maybe even flying.

- Traveling by foot is slow, annoying, and a waste of time.

- It is a gaming mood killer.

- It is why I did not play wildstar more this weekend.

- I looked at how long I would need to walk to the next quest and said, screw it, going back to wow for a bit.

- So many quests I needed to get somewhere high and wasted so much time either figuring out how to get up there or running around stuff to get there.

- I never missed a flying mount more.

- But with all their things, like explorer where jumping around to get somewhere high, that is part of what the adventure is, to figure out how to get up there.

- Flying mounts would remove that because you would just fly up there.

- And that is why blizzard is not going to have flying in the next expansion.

- After playing wildstar I can't help but think that warlords is blizzard effort to make wildstar.

- From the events, to the jumping places to get somewhere, to lots of treasures, to garrisons, they are all taken directly from wildstar.

- The only difference between wildstars housing and warcrafts garrisons is that wildstars is designed to stay with you forever and you can design everything in it with tons of furniture and garrisons are something we are going to forget about as the next expansion comes out and it is not customizable at all except you get tons of followers.

- Lets compare.

- A housing system that I keep working on and it will be mine forever or something that is tied to one expansion and means nothing afterwards?

- Who wins?  Wildstar.

- A housing system that lets you place furniture, trees, and even build what could look like another building all on your own or basically do whatever you want with it or a garrison that has followers that you can not even name?

- Who wins?  Wildstar.

- Warcraft is still 10 times better than wildstar is, at least in my opinion, but they are trying to emulate something and doing it poorly.

- I wish blizzard would give housing the love it gave pet battles and attach it to the entire world.

- Now that I would love to see.

- Complain about it as much as we want to, but when blizzard puts it mind to something they usually do a decent job with it.

- Doesn't seem like they are putting their mind to warlords at all.

- Changing personalization and location options in garrisons, removing flying, moving capitals, etc.

- Sounds like they really are not putting their best foot forward.

- I would love to see what could have happened if they still seemed like they cared about making the best product with the amount of time they have had. 

- It just comes off like they are half hearted with everything they do lately.

- The biggest comment of recent that really has many scratching their heads was the comment about PvP mounts.

- Someone asked if they could have new PvP mounts.

- A blue responded that they did not have the resources to spend the time making new mounts.

- But we get a new mount in the store every few months don't we?

- Why didn't they just tell the truth.

- Why should we give some people a new mount for free when we can sell the mount and everyone can buy it and we make tons of cash.

- It is not that they do not have the resources to make new mounts.

- It is that they do not want to give it away now that they know they can sell them and make money instead.

- "we can't afford to make any new mounts, but you can buy a new store mount if you would like".

- That is what he meant in that post.

- I'll leave you with that one.

- Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment